STRC RuTED Foundation, a Section-8 Company
STRC-RuTED Foundation is mandated to encourage and promote rural youths as entrepreneurs, facilitate establishment and development of multiple rural enterprises centred around available natural resources such as non-timber forest produces (NTFPs), agri-allied farm produce, bamboo-based products and grow-out fish and value-added fish products etc. At STRC we understand that a buoyant rural economy can enable us to ride over the current troubles and STRC RuTED could play an important role in this direction for the Gadchiroli region.
While STRC-GUG takes applicable S & T mandate forward, STRC-RuTED Foundation would
- Encourage and promote young entrepreneurs
- Facilitate Technology and Enterprise platforms
- Seed Fund for establishment, growth and skill development
- Create a mechanism to gain share in profit
STRC Rural Technology and Enterprise for Development Foundation (STRC RuTED) would primarily address the concerns of the local communities with the following objectives
- To cater to the need of creating opportunities in Rural Entrepreneurship and Business Development for local youths, including women.
- Developing a cadre of skilled youth capacitated through specifically designed training and capacity building programs and are encouraged to take up sustainable business enterprises.
- Facilitation of business development, build technical capabilities.
- To study the natural resources in the Gadchiroli-Chandrapur region, considering the scientific, legal and geographical aspects of each available resource and to develop processes and practices leading to its optimum utilization and conservation.
- To identify and assess the exciting capacities of the local communities, and to build it through specifically designed training and capacity building program to help them make informed livelihood choices and shape small business enterprises around, to ensure maximum value creation and sustained revenue generation.
- To facilitate, promote and develop an applied Research and Development ecosystem in all disciplines of Natural Resource and Agriculture Allied sector keeping in view the all-round development needs of the local community.
The First Directors
- Dr. Charudatta Mayee
- Dr. Prakash Dolas
- Shri. Girish Sohani
- Shri. Ashis Gharai