Communication for Development (C4D) through ICT
The increasing and fruitful use of Information & Communication Technologies (ICTs) is being recognized and acknowledged world over. That ICT is a great tool for development and empowerment is being realized by its various stakeholders. Countries of the world are resorting to use of ICT to better their socio-cultural and economic landscapes in ways feasible and sustainable depending on their respective situations in underprivileged and underserved areas. This programmatic vertical addresses the goal of creating a knowledge network and database to tap best practices in the field of Techno-Social Development and disseminate in the region.
- STRC Website and Social Media Platforms
- Development Communication (Publications/ Seminars/ Webinars)
- Data Centre and DigiLib
- Web based Community Interaction Platform (WCIP)
- Spatial Survey/ Studies- GIS Based
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Liaising for Collaboration (Local/ Regional/ National)
- Mobile Demonstration Unit (MDU) – Van
Mobile Demonstration Unit
Van-based audio-visual interactive platform cutting across all projects, used as a tool to generate awareness, disseminate information, demonstrate applicable low cost technology, facilitate its smooth transfer and showcase best practices to enable local communities make informed choices.